My grandfather was a fisherman and fish is something that my family eats often. This is a very common dish in the town my mom is from on the Amalfi Coast. It is a simple and quick dish that come together in 15 mins and is so delicious! Make sure you have a nice piece of bread to soak up all that sauce.
Calamari and Potatoes
- 2 Large Calamari, cleaned
- 2 medium Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 14 oz Whole peeled tomatoes, hand crushed
- 1/2 Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Clean the calamari or have the fish store clean it for you. Cut them into 2 inch squares.
- In a medium sized pot, boil the potatoes until almost forktender. Drain and set aside.
- Into a sauté pan, add olive oil and onion. Sauté until translucent and then add red pepper flake continue to sauté for a few minutes.
- Add in calamari, sauté for a few minutes and then add in the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add the potatoes. Then add in fresh parsley and stir to combine.
- Cover the pan, vented, and let this simmer for 10 minutes.