This is a great easy weeknight dinner option! Minimal clean up and ready in about 45 minutes! These types of dishes are so versatile. You could add any flavor you like to the rice.
Scroll down to Watch me Make this dish!!
One Pan Chicken Dinner: Spinach and Rice
- 2 – 2 1/2 lbs Chicken Thighs & Legs
- 12 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 1/2 Onion, Diced
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 cups White Rice Jasmine
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Olive Oil for the Pan
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Pat the chicken dry and season liberally with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Into an oven safe pan, add olive oil, and one whole clove of garlic to season the oil. Sear the chicken on both sides and removed from the pan.
- To the same pan, add 1/2 of a diced onion and frozen, chopped spinach. Season with salt and pepper and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add in 2 cups of rice and toast for a few minutes.
- Deglaze a pan with chicken broth, scraping up all the brown bits at the bottom of the pan and then add one cup of heavy cream. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the mixture up to a simmer and add the chicken on top.place the pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and grate in pecorino Romano cheese to taste. Stir to combine and serve!