These blossoms are a delicacy for Italians. We can only eat them once a year and I look forward to them! People always ask me, “How do they taste?” In my opinion, they have a very faint zucchini flavor. These dish is something I grew up eating. It was a normal part of our summer. Now they are a sought after delicacy and rightfully so!!
They are so easy to make so if you can get your hands on some, make them! You will love them just as much as my family does.
Fried Zucchini Blossoms
- 15 Zucchini Blossoms, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup AP Flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Grated Pecorino Cheese
- Fresh Chopped Parsley & Basil to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 oz Mozzarella, sliced
- Clean the zucchini blossoms.
- Whisk all the batter ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Add more flour if the batter is too thin. It should be the consistency of a pancake batter.
- Add the mozzarella to the center of the blossom and twist the top to ensure it doesn't come out.
- Dip the blossom in the batter and place into hot frying oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides.