These crunchy delights are the perfect snack or a great addition to any antipasto platter. Made up of simple ingredients and so easy to make! There are many variations of taralli. I hope you enjoy this version!
- 550 g Unbleached AP Flour
- 10 g Kosher Salt
- 120 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 200 ml White Wine
- Pepper to taste (optional)
- Mix the flour, salt and Pepper in a bowl.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and white wine.
- Mix by hand or using a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment. If using a stand mixer, finish kneading the dough by hand. Cover in plastic wrap and let it rest for 20 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 325F if using convection.
- Cut a small piece and roll out to a log about 1/2 inch thick. Take one end and create a donut shape. Using a knife, cut the dough and continue making taralli until your run out of dough. Make them any size your prefer.
- Bowl a large pot of water, drop the taralli into the boiling water. When they float to the top they are ready. Scoop them out and place them on a paper towel to dry for a minute. Then immediately place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 mins – 1 hour. Check them after 30 mins for crunchiness! Every oven is different.