This is delicious Italian dish is flavored with Marsala wine and mushroom. The dish originated in Western Sicily and is a staple in Italian restaurants all over the US. It is easy to make at home and pairs well with any starch, be it pasta, rice or even polenta.
- 9 Chicken cutlets sliced thin
- 10 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 cup Chicken Broth warmed
- 1/3 cup Marsala Wine dry preferably
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Olive oil for the pan
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel and remove the stem. Slice them and set aside.
- To a dish add flour, season with salt and pepper. Dip each piece of chicken into the flour mixture and set aside.
- To a large sauté pan, add 1 tbsp of unsalted butter, garlic clove and 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Sear the chicken on both sides. It does not need to cook through at this time. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add another tbsp of butter and olive oil if needed. Add the mushrooms, sauté until tender and then season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze the pan with Marsala wine, cook for a few mins to cook out the alcohol and then add in 2 tbsp of butter rolled in the flour mixture you used to dredge the chicken. This will help thicken the sauce.
- Once the butter has melted, add in the warm chicken broth.
- Add the chicken back in and cook together for 5 mins, to finish cooking the chicken. This is also continue to thicken the sauce and the chicken will absorb all those flavors. Remove from the pan and place on a serving dish.
- You can continue to cook the sauce to thicken or if you are satisfied with the thickness pour the sauce over the chicken and enjoy!
Chicken Marsala 9 chicken cutlets, sliced thin 10oz Baby Bella Mushrooms 1 cup Chicken Broth, warmed 1/3 cup Marsala Wine, dry preferably 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter 1/2 cup AP flour 1 tsp Garlic Powder Olive oil for the pan Salt & Pepper to taste #chickenmarsala #chickenrecipe #foodtiktok #italianfood #italianrecipe #cooktok #homecooking #frannielovesfood #homemade♬ Homestead – John Smith