Making fresh pasta is one of my favorite things to do, it’s therapeutic! It is so simple to do and the flavor is amazing. The general rule of thumb when making pasta is 100g of flour and 1 egg per person. I like to use Semola Rimacinata when making pasta, but you can also use 00 flour or AP flour.
- 400 g Semola Rimacinata substitutions: 00 flour/AP flour
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Water if needed to moisten the dough
- Dump your flour onto a kneading surface. Make a well in the center.
- Add the eggs and olive oil and mix with a fork.
- Once it is too hard to mix with a fork, switch to your hands and knead until you achieve a smooth ball. This can take about 5-10 mins.
- Cover in plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 mins.
- Using a hand rolling pasta machine or kitchenaid attachment, roll the pasta out to your desired shape.
- Make sure to sprinkle the surface and the pasta with flour so the pasta does not not stick together.